Student Visas

Baan Aksorn will assist students to stay in Thailand on an Education (ED) Visa for up to 10 months.

How to get an ED Visa from Baan Aksorn:

Baan Aksorn ED Visa Requirements
Baan Aksorn ED Visa Forms

About the ED Visa

Under Thai Immigration law, the Education (ED) Visa is for foreigners entering the country for the following purposes:

To study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour, to participate in projects or seminars, to attend a conference or training course, to study as a foreign Buddhist monk (Category “ED”).

Basic documents required by all types of non-immigrant Visas, including the ED Visa.

  • Visa application form completely filled out (check the website of the consular office/embassy to which you will submit your visa application)
  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and its copy
  • Two 4 x 6 cm full-faced, bareheaded photos taken within the past six months

Non-Immigrant type ED

  • Transcript/Letter of acceptance from the concerned schools/universities or institutes
    (provided by Baan Aksorn after tuition payment is received)
  • Official Note certifying the purpose of travel from the Government Agencies /Embassies and Consulates / International Organizations / State Enterprises in Thailand. (“F” / “B” / “ED” / “M” / “R”)

Note: Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary.

Note: Beginning in October 2006 Thai Immigration has restricted most foreigners to staying in Thailand on tourist visas for no more than 90 days ever 180 days.


Thailand Immigration Bureau
Thai Embassies

Thailand Immigration Bureau 24-Hour Hotline: 1111
(from within Thailand only)